We often get questions from new life coaches about how to promote themselves as life coaches. They want to know how to get the word out about what they are doing and how they are helping their life coaching clients.
One idea I like to share… is… share an idea.
I know. I know. That may sound like circular logic… and it might be.
But here’s what I’m getting at. Try not just promoting yourself… but try…
promoting an idea.
Here’s a recent example from my own life coaching practice.
One of my speaking and corporate coaching clients has been the ITA Group.
The ITA Group is an organization that helps companies to tap into the immense power that comes from fully-engaged employees, motivated sales people and channel partners, and ignited customers.
I love working with them and I’m been wildly blessed to get to partner with them on several projects.
But recently, I was talking with the editor of the ITA Group’s “DRIVEN” magazine.
DRIVEN is an amazing quarterly publication… and it goes out to their current and prospective clients… as well as many others in the business community at large.
The editor and I were discussing topics for an upcoming edition and we started to brain storm.
We landed on the idea of me potentially guest writing a piece… but the key was to not promote myself.
The key had to be to promote an idea.
Obviously… they wouldn’t have been interested if all I was going to do was talk about my coaching clients or my experience as a life coach.
Nope. I needed to bring an idea to the table that would help the ITA Group to achieve it’s goal of bringing value to it’s readers.
So… after talking for a while… we landed on a subject and I’m wildly blessed to say that the latest edition of DRIVEN included an article I wrote about the “Intellectual Immune System.”
You can check out the full magazine by clicking here.
So it was an honor to get to work with them on this project!
But… more importantly… I’m hoping this story plants some ideas for you as you are thinking about promoting your life coaching practice.
The keys here are… think of ways to:
- Partner with someone who might need content.
- Bring value to your perspective partner (whether they are a newspaper, a tv station or an organization with a publication)
- Promote an idea instead of promoting yourself. (That idea can point back to you and/or the examples you can site can involve what you do… but make sure the idea helps the audience… as opposed to just functions as a promotion for your life coaching business.)
- Have a creative tag line that incites curiosity and makes people want to get in touch with you!
- Make it easy for them to find you (via a website or blog, etc.)
So yes… when you are wanting to promote your life coaching practice… think of who you can partner with… and think of ways to promote an idea that would help!
Now… get to it and start blessing people’s socks off… as you spread some of your great ideas (that will eventually point people back to your coaching practice!)
BONUS: OVERCOMING THE INTELLECTUAL IMMUNE SYSTEM
As a bonus I wanted to share the actual article with you!
In the article, I talk about ways that individuals and organizations can overcome something I call… “the Intellectual Immune System” to make for longer lasting change.
- Are you a Life coach who wants to inspire your coaching clients to change?
- Are you a manager who is trying to bring change to your team or organization?
- Are you an individual who knows you need to try something new (a diet… a time management system) but you are getting stuck?
This idea might help you get it done!
Keep dreaming BIG and helping others to do the same,
- Training to be a life coach: Questions from new coaches (trainingtobealifecoach.com)
- Training to be a life coach: When marketing look for the win-win (trainingtobealifecoach.com)
- Training to be a life coach: A quote to inspire you! (trainingtobealifecoach.com)